THE VICTORIAN GOVERNMENT HAS ANNOUNCED A MAJOR STIMULUS INJECTION TO HELP BUSINESSES RECOVER STRONGLY FROM THE EFFECTS OF THE OMICRON VARIANT.
The $200 million package was announced by the Victorian Government to help businesses recover from the effects of the Omicron variant.
The package includes:
- A $60 million Ventilation Voucher Program to help small businesses purchase equipment and upgrades to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.
- Further $5 million to extend the Small Business Digital Adaptation Program, providing rebates of up to $1,200 so businesses can access a range of digital tools
- Extension of the Business Recovery and Resilience Mentoring Program so more small businesses have access to coaching
- $34.2 million of Jobs Victoria funding to place workers in over 1,500 jobs across hospitality, warehousing and logistics, tourism and food processing
The package also addresses the need for support for the hospitality, entertainment and tourism sectors.
A new and extended $100 million voucher scheme will include:
- $10 million round of Melbourne Money to be delivered with the City of Melbourne, enticing diners back to city cafes, bars and restaurants by reimbursing part of their bill.
- $30 million program across the state providing rebates on food and wine experiences in regional areas and in suburbs beyond Melbourne’s borders.
- $30 million entertainment voucher scheme in rebates for tickets to the theatre, live music, cinemas, museums, galleries, conferences, exhibitions and other events across Victoria.
- $30 million round of the Victorian Travel Voucher Scheme will encourage even more people to holiday at home and spend on accommodation, attractions and tours.
For more information on the package and when each program opens, visit vic.gov.au/business-stimulus-package.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact your accountant, or call us on 03 9899 4036
Source: Business Victoria website 21/02/2022 https://business.vic.gov.au/news-and-updates/2022/victorian-government-announces-200-million-business-stimulus-package